I wish I had gone to Med School.
I have great hands. Still, strong, precise, graceful... I remember 9th grade Biology. Dissecting the fetal pig was not a difficult exercise. My incisions were close to perfect. Excellent depth, great positioning, and I didn't nick or damage anything. When I saw what was underneath I didn't get ill like stupid little Mary Grace did. I didn't yell, "Ewwww!" Like most of the rest of the class did. I looked at it and I saw a machine. A computer. An Engine. Yeah, I should have gone to Med School.
I wish I had gone to Law School.
Arguing is as close to religion as I ever got in my family. We didn't go to church, we argued about what to eat for breakfast, what to watch on TV, politics, clothes, dancing, movies, singing, and candy bars. Court room litigation would have been like wrapping myself in a warm blanket of familiarity. I would have made a damn fine Lawyer.
I wish I had listened to my mom.
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and think about the infinite smallness of my bank account, and compare it to where is should be if only shoulda, coulda, woulda. I look at my overall debt and realize that if I had only listened to my mom I would have none of it. I also would have a 6 figure bank account and a 401K that probably would have survived the collapse without too much trouble. I would have saved, avoided credit cards, never had an NSF, never missed a bill payment, and would have some pristine credit. Oh, I'd also own my own home outright.
I wish I had the guts to take the leap right now.
I can do anything. I'm smart, passionate, strong, I persevere, and I have a great work ethic. At age 36 I know that it still isn't late to become a finisher. A closer. But it has to be something rather drastic. I can work 20 hours per day and nearly double my salary, but that will kill me soon and take me away from all my children. No, I need to take the plunge, I need backup on it, and push forward with the best of my ideas.
No more wasted potential.
-You can't fade the boat
No comments:
Post a Comment